Bachelor’s dissertation from 2018/19 onwards
Basic style guide for bachelor’s dissertations:
- MLA, Chicago or APA rules (as agreed with your thesis advisor);
- paper format: A4, single-sided;
- font: Times New Roman;
- font size: 12;
- spacing: 1.5;
- left margin: 3.5 cm, other margins: 3 cm;
- justified text;
- pages numbered, starting with the first page of the text, at the bottom of the page.
The body of the dissertation must be preceded by the following:
- a title page with the title of your main dissertation
- a page with declarations and signatures of the advisor and author
- a summary and keywords in Polish
Sample pages 1, 2 and 3 are available here.
You must enter your summary, your main dissertation keywords (in Polish and English) in the APD system, and then upload your work in a PDF file no larger than 25 MB.
The file uploaded to APD must fulfil the following requirements:
- it must be a PDF file identical with your hard copy; you must save both dissertations in one file. The title page, declarations page, as well as the summary and Polish keywords page are an integral part of the work. The e-version does not require the advisor and author’s signatures.
- the filename must follow this pattern: 3301-LIC-FLA-PESEL
You are required to print the reviews and the dissertation card from the APD system (KPD with the annotation ARCHIVED, which is a status accorded in APD after the advisor and reviewer’s acceptance).
The reviewer is chosen by the advisor.
You must hand in your bachelor’s dissertation (1 printout, double-sided, threadless binding), your dissertation card signed by you and your advisor, as well as the reviews signed by your advisor and reviewer in the Office (https://ia.uw.edu.pl/dla-studentow/studia-i-stopnia/rozliczenie-roku).